"Our staff is proud of its accomplishments over the last year, including our increased efforts to proactively reduce discrimination and the launch of our Citywide Youth Bullying Prevention Program. We have expanded our agency’s reach while continuing to provide the efficient and high-quality investigations of discrimination that District residents and visitors have come to expect."
- Acting Director Mónica Palacio
Fiscal year 2013 was marked by an increased caseload and ehanced outreach efforts aimed at reducing discrimination in the District. Our Highlights of Fiscal Year 2013 report provides details of these efforts, and looks into the number and types of discrimination cases we received. Among the findings:
- 80 percent of our 357 cases alleged discrimination in employment
- Disability, sex, race and age were the most commonly listed protected traits on our cases
- 47 percent of cases we mediated were settled successfully at that stage
- $1.98 million was awarded to complainants through settlements through mediation
- OHR social media followers increased 114 percent over the previous fiscal year
- The Citywide Youth Bullying Prevention Program was successfully launched
We are proud to share these numbers - and our Highlights of Fiscal Year 2013 report - with you. We appreciate your support of our work, and will continue to fight to end discrimination in the District.
Download the report:
Highlights of Fiscal Year 2013 (7 MB PDF)