Our Bullying Prevention & Intervention toolkit helps schools and other organizations prepare a great training on bullying prevention.
The Bullying Prevention and Intervention in DC Educational Institutions training toolkit -- created in partnership with the youth research center Child Trends -- is a comprehensive package of guides, presentation slides, scenarios and self-assessments for schools or other entities to train their staff on how to prevent and respond to incidents of bullying. The toolkit is available at no-cost, and provides the information necessary for a staff member to train themselves as a facilitator that can then conduct an interactive and informative training.
understand the required policy components of the Youth Bullying Prevention Act of 2012, including:
- the District's definition of bullying,
- reporting requirements, and
- appeals procedures;
- be able to determine whether bullying has occurred, using the “Bullying Incident Checklist”;
- know best practices and misdirections in intervening in bullying situations;
- recognize the role of school climate in the prevention of bullying; and
- assess their current capacity for addressing school climate issues.