National Juried Show of Contemporary Trompe l'Oeil
The John F. Peto Studio Museum invites artists working in the trompe l’oeil style to participate in its’ National Juried Show of Contemporary Trompe l’oeil. Works in any medium (excluding photography) are encouraged. The purpose of this exhibition is to showcase contemporary art work that “fools the eye” and demonstrates the innovative ways in which artists continue to express themselves through trompe l’oeil.
Artist Entry Deadline Date: July 20, 2013
Notification of Selected Work: August 5, 2013
Delivery of Selected Work: on or before August 23, 2013
Exhibition Dates: September 7, 2013 – December 31, 2013
Reception: Friday, September 6, 2013 6pm-8pm
Cash Awards: $500 1st. $300 2nd. $200 3rd.
Entry Specifications + Rules
Medium may be, but not limited to: pencil, pen and ink, gouache, watercolor, oil, acrylic, etc. (excluding photography). 3-D medium may be, but not limited to: clay, wood, metal, fiber and mixed media.
- Work size cannot exceed 36” x 36” and should be 30 lbs. or less
- 3-D size cannot exceed 18” x 18” x 18” and 30 lbs. or less
- All work must be ready for hanging or installation.
- All work must be original and have been executed since 2009.
- Please include a resume and artist’s statement along with submission.
- Images should be presented in JPEG format with image size set to 300 dpi resolution, 5”x 7”image size, approximately.
*Entries will not be valid until payment has been received.
*Only one entry per artist. Up to four (4) works of art (per entry, per artist) may be submitted for consideration
*Shipping and insurance is the responsibility of the artist, with arrangements for return shipping costs. The John F. Peto Studio Museum is not responsible for any damage during shipment to and from the museum. The Museum will be responsible for insurance while art work is on display.
$35.00 for up to four images. Fees must be received in U.S. funds only: payable by PayPal, Master Card, Visa, Check or Money Order payable to: John F. Peto Studio Museum.