District Leadership Program - Paid Internship Opportunity
The Department of Human Resources (DCHR) challenging and rewarding 11-week internship program will provide its Interns with a unique, unsurpassed opportunity to work alongside some of the District of Columbia Government’s leading professionals and practitioners, in furtherance of the District’s strategic priorities:
- Job Creation;
- Fiscal Stability;
- Quality Education;
- Public Safety; and
To be eligible to participate in the District Leadership Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate (Junior or Senior year) and graduate students currently enrolled, who are in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5 at an accredited U.S. college or university. This must be supported by a transcript.
- Recommendation letter from an administrator and a reference letter from an advisor or professor must both be attached to the application. Absent of any of these three aforementioned documents, the application will be deemed incomplete.
- Students must be eligible to work in the United States
- Applicants will be evaluated by their essay questions, answer to a reflective question, professional resume, and interview.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are residents of the District of Columbia.
Application deadline is October 11, 2013.
To apply, go to the following URL: http://dcforms.dc.gov/webform/dchr-district-leadership-program-application