District Leadership Program (DLP) - Paid Internship Opportunity
The District of Columbia Government’s Department of Human Resources (DCHR) is once again proud to announce its District Leadership Program (DLP). The DLP is an internship program designed to provide tomorrow’s leaders with the knowledge, tools, skills, and experiences that can be readily applied to their future challenges and pursuits, whether personal or professional. The DLP internship begins on November 3, 2014 and concludes on May 21, 2015.
Our program takes a holistic approach to developing Interns by providing a wide range of stimulating and developmental activities including:
- Substantive assignments in an unlimited array of functional areas related to government operations (i.e., Human Capital Management, Finance and Budgeting, Information Technology, Legal, Contracting and Procurement, Small and Local Business and Economic Development, Legislative Affairs, Health and Human Services, Education, and Performance Management)
- A customized Individual Development Planning Learning Lab and Tool Suite
- Classroom lectures and coursework on topics centered around core business services as well as other specialty topics
- Web-based training and development courses
- A series of Profiles in Leadership brown bag luncheons
- 360⁰ performance feedback for each intern
- Guest lecturers focusing on topics such as Customer Service, Priorities for the District of Columbia, and Leadership Development
- The Year Round FY15 DLP internship is from November 3rd to May 21st
- It is a 24 hours per week work requirement
- Undergraduate (Junior or Senior year) and graduate students currently enrolled, who are in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5 at an accredited U.S. college or university. This must be supported by a transcript.
- Recommendation letter from an administrator and a reference letter from an advisor or professor must both be attached to the application. Absent of any of these three aforementioned documents, the application will be deemed incomplete.
- Students must be eligible to work in the United States
- Applicants will be evaluated by their essay questions, answer to a reflective question, professional resume, and interview.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are residents of the District of Columbia.
Apply Online by October 10, 2014
Complete the online application: http://dcforms.dc.gov/webform/dchr-district-leadership-program-application and submit the following documents:
- Transcript from an accredited U.S. college or university
- Recommendation letter from an administrator
- Reference letter from an advisor or professor
- Professional resume
Applications submitted without all required documents will be considered incomplete. Applicants will be evaluated by responses to the essay questions and a reflective question in the online application, their professional resume, and an interview. Decision will be made by October 24, 2014.
For more information on the DLP, please contact DCHR at (202) 442-9700, option 2.